As beard groomers, we know how much of a struggle it can be to grow, groom and maintain soft beards. This is especially true if you are naturally predisposed to grow a coarse beard. Beyond the genetic factor, some men find it difficult in maintaining their beards which can lead to a rough and coarse mane, some even shave it all off out of frustration.
The question then is – how do I get my beard to be soft? What grooming products are suitable? How do I soften coarse beards?
There are several home remedies you can use in softening your beards.From aloe vera gel, simply drinking a lot of water and simple oils you can find around the house. Read on to learn more!
Here are some easy to follow routines to get you to that soft beard any lady would want to run her hand through.
Home Remedies for Beard Softening
These home remedies and tips will help you soften your beards naturally with out using extreme invasive means!
- Proper & Regular Cleaning so it grows out soft : Your beard is not an alien- do not treat it like one. Just like the hair on your head, your facial hairs should be taken care of and properly groomed too albeit differently.Because of the position beard is, micro-particles from the environment such as the dust and even the food you eat can all get stuck to your beards. This is why you should endeavor to clean your beards on the regular. Give your beards proper washing with shampoo or any other beard wash of your choice to scrub off all the dirt and dust that must have come in contact with your beards during the day. An unclean beard means a coarse beard and a coarse beard is a dirty beard. So if your beard is dirty, it can give off an unpleasant smell and an unpleasant smell.Wash with a generous amount of shampoo and conditioner, in the end, make sure you rinse off every trace of the shampoo if not instead of getting to soften your beard, the residue from the products can dry out your beards making it coarse.
- Massage with a Good Beard Oil for natural softness: The market is currently saturated with different beard oil brands making it difficult for the undiscerning to make the right choice. Choose a good natural olive oil made with natural organic ingredients that are beneficial to your health instead of being detrimental. A good example of a good beard oil brand is the Fort Ambition Beard oil by Zig Manly. It can also be used to soften coarse beards. To use, apply a generous amount of olive oil on your palms and apply to your mane. Slowly and gently massage into your beards until every part has absorbed the olive oil. You may choose to heat up the oil a little bit if you so wish or apply in its raw form. After thoroughly massaging the olive oil into the beard, leave it overnight and the next morning, wash off with tepid water. Olive oil contains antioxidants and moisturizing properties which help in softening coarse beards.
- Drink a Lot of Water: Isn’t it amazing how water seems to be therapy for almost every condition? Lack of water in the body (dehydration) will leave your skin looking ugly, wrinkled and old: same applies to everything that grows on it including your beards. To achieve a softer beard or to soften your coarse beards, do not go on for a long period of time without regular intake of water. Dehydration can have a really ugly consequence on your skin which can lead to a dull complexion, skin conditions and of course bristly and coarse beards. Regular intake of water softens your beards, keeping it healthy, luscious and full.
- Good Grooming Products: The kind of products you choose when it comes to grooming your beards to matter a lot if you are aiming for the softer, healthier beard. Guys here is a little advice for you: before you invest in any beard grooming product, please always do your research. Look the product up. Gratefully, we have access to any information we need, thanks to the internet. There are a lot of fake products out there that will give you the exact opposite of what you desire while some products instead of softening your rough beards, may end up damaging your beards and the skin beneath your beards. Only purchase beard grooming products that are genuine, from trusted sources and those that specially treat coarse beards.
- Trim Your Beard the Right Way: Knowing the right way to trim your beard will help soften a coarse beard. When trimming your beards, do not use a blunt razor or scissors as it can make your beards rough. Do not trim your beard in a haphazard manner and never be in a hurry when trimming. Instead, gently and patiently cut your beards to your desired size, trimming away irregular and unwanted parts. This will have a positive effect on your beard and soften it.
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera gel has proved to be a very effective and versatile product used as a remedy for conditions especially those that prove stubborn. The Aloe Vera gel is highly recommended as a remedy for softening coarse beard. Massage a generous amount of Aloe vera gel into your beards until it has totally been absorbed into the beard the wash off immediately. This routine can be repeated twice a day for a period of one month. You can kiss coarse beards goodbye.
Finally, growing beards if an exciting, delightful experience that all men should be able to experience.